Saturday, April 18, 2015

How do you recognize student achievement?


There are so many ways to recognize stellar students. I've awarded picnics, ice cream, "Eternal Honor and Glory," get-out-of-homework free cards and of course, As and A+s.

But one of my favorite things is my Project Hall of Fame. It's been building for eight years now, and boy it has some doozies. I love laying out the best work of thirty-two classes worth of students at the beginning of the year on a special shelf. I think it inspires both me and my students to greater heights.

Just in case you'd like to try it, I created a Hall of Fame poster for you to download and print free at my Teachers Pay Teachers store, Spark Creativity. Check it out here if you want to add a Hall to your classroom. And if you grab it, consider following the store so you'll get updates on new freebies and creative classroom prompts.

No comments:

Post a Comment